Financial Education Training One: Content and Skills for Making Financial Education Effective and Engaging: Financial Education Training for Trainers
|Tuesday, September 25, 2012 through Wednesday, September 26, 2012. 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM Eastern|
|Please note, this session has been re-scheduled from August 29-30,2012 to Sept 25-26, 2012.
The AFI Resource Center is pleased to announce a series of two-day Financial Education Academies for AFI grantees and other financial educators. These academies are conducted as “train-the-trainer” sessions for professionals who deliver or manage financial education (financial literacy, financial capability) initiatives. It is offered free of charge (no registration fee) and travel and hotel stipend are available for AFI grantees (up to $600). Two different academies will be offered: Level One and Level Two. Please read on for a description of these sessions. In addition to the training sessions, at some locations we will also offer a Technical Assistance clinic where participants can get small group or one-on-one assistance on financial education needs.
Content and Skills for Making Financial Education Effective and Engaging: Financial Education Training for Trainers.
Content and Skills for Making Financial Education Effective and Engaging: Financial Education Training for Trainers—Level I
• This training provides the foundation for making financial education accessible, engaging, relevant, and actionable for AFI participants. Starting with the principles of adult learning, participants will learn to animate financial education in ways that resonate with target audiences. Models of financial education provision (training, coaching, distance education) as well as evaluation and assessment approaches vis a’ vis models are covered during this training.
• Participants will also learn techniques for managing challenging dynamics, ways of addressing important but often forgotten elements of financial literacy and strategies for creating effective ongoing financial education opportunities including ways to link financial education more meaningful with IDAs and other financial management tools and products.
• This training has been offered to AFI grantees since 2007.
Target Audience for Level I Training:
• This training is designed for new AFI staff or individuals with less than three years of direct financial education experience.
• Practitioners with more experience have found the training extremely beneficial, too.
Travel Reimbursements Available to AFI Grantees:
For AFI grantees only, a $600 travel stipend reimbursement is available to help offset travel costs to the Financial Education Academy. Please indicate your interest in receiving information about this reimbursement when registering for the training.
Technical Assistance Clinics Available:
At the Tennessee, New Mexico and Pennsylvania trainings, we will also offer a “Technical Assistance Clinic” during the evening of the first day of the training. At this clinic, you will be able to meet in small group or one-on-one with a financial educator to discuss issues or concerns and to get assistance on those topics.
If you are interested in attending one of these sessions, please complete the registration form. Confirmation and additional information about the session will be emailed to you.
If you have any questions, please contact the AFI Resource Center at: 1-866-778-6037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.