Check Out MakingHomeAffordable.gov
MakingHomeAffordable.gov is a new website filled with useful resources for homeowners struggling with their mortgage payments. Homeowners can use the simple assessment tools to determine whether they might be eligible for a mortgage modification or refinance through the Administration’s Home Affordable Refinance Program and the Home Affordable Modification Program.
The website also contains helpful information for homeowners, including:
- How to contact mortgage servicers and what information they will need when they speak to their loan servicer
- How to connect with free, HUD-approved housing counseling
- How to locate local homeowner events where they can learn more about foreclosure prevention options, connect with loan servicer representatives and local housing counselors, and improve budgeting and money management skills.
- How to read a mortgage statement including definitions for commonly used terms
- AFI Grantees: Be sure to bookmark and share MakingHomeAffordable.gov with the homeowners you serve!
This article originally ran in the IDAresources.org Update Newsletter on 04/30/09 and is available for archival purposes.
For updated information on asset building and the AFI program, please see www.IDAresources.org.