Financial Education Training Two: Content and Skills for Making Financial Education Effective and Engaging: Financial Education Training for Trainers: The Next Level
|Monday, June 25, 2012 through Tuesday, June 26, 2012. 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM Eastern|
San Francisco, CA
|The AFI Resource Center is pleased to announce a series of two-day Financial Education Academies for AFI grantees and other financial educators. These sessions, conducted as “train-the-trainer” sessions for staff that deliver or manage financial education will be presented in various locations throughout the country. These sessions are offered free of charge (no registration fee), but attendees will need to pay their own travel costs; however, travel stipends are available for AFI grantees. Two different academies will be offered: Level One and Level Two. Please read on for a description of these sessions. In addition to the training sessions, at some locations we will also offer a Technical Assistance clinic where participants can get small group or one-on-one assistance on financial education needs.
Content and Skills for Making Financial Education Effective and Engaging: Financial Education Training for Trainers: The Next Level. This training picks up where Level One ends and is designed for those who attended Level One previously or who have three or more years of direct financial education experience. The training is designed to provide AFI grantees and others with opportunities to further develop their financial education delivery skills and content knowledge on advanced financial education topics. The training includes the following topics:
• Using and combining different approaches to deliver financial education and the level of outcome/impact to be expected using these approaches.
• Applying the core concepts of behavioral economics to financial education program design.
• Using new activity ideas in the context of financial education.
• Keeping participants motivated during the financial education learning process and using new skills, resources and financial management services/products as a result of financial education efforts.
• Facilitating sessions on:
• principles of saving and investing in the new economy
• asset protection
• consumer protections including consumer rights and responsibilities
• credit scores
• Integrating concepts of media and economic literacy into financial education efforts.
• Facilitating sessions on budgeting for people at different stages of life.
Travel Reimbursements Available to AFI Grantees:
For AFI grantees only, a $600 travel stipend reimbursement is available to help offset travel costs to the Financial Education Academy. Please indicate your interest in receiving information about this reimbursement when registering for the training.
Technical Assistance Clinics Available:
At the Tennessee, New Mexico and Pennsylvania trainings, we will also offer a “Technical Assistance Clinic” during the evening of the first day of the training. At this clinic, you will be able to meet in small group or one-on-one with a financial educator to discuss issues or concerns and to get assistance on those topics.
If you are interested in attending one of these sessions, please complete the registration form. Confirmation and additional information about the session will be emailed to you.
If you have any questions, please contact the AFI Resource Center at: 1-866-778-6037 or email@example.com.